“Take and eat; this is my body.” MT 26:26

“Take and eat; this is my body.” MT 26:26

Monday 27 April 2015

WANT TO BE A CATHOLIC SUPERHERO?

Got the fire of the Holy Spirit in you?

Want to be a Catholic Superhero, going around changing the world, evangelizing it with the Gospel?

Do you feel it's up to you to save the world, and all the sinners it, with bible thumping, hell, fire and brimstone?

All good intentions, for sure. I mean, with an attitude like that, you can't be wrong... right?

The sentiment is surely in the right place, that's for sure, but where do you start?

Are you going to go door-to-door, baptizing all your neighbours? What about starting a blog? (Well that's a start)

Then again, with all that in mind, have you thought about starting with yourself?

I got that message today in one of my Scott Hahn cds... you know, one of those you up pick up at your parish. I love those Catholic Lighthouse compact discs! I buy them here and there, stash them away in my car for easy listening, then forget I ever bought them. It's easy listening for the soul.

So I put this one Hahn cd in the rotation today, one I haven't listened to in I don't know how long... one I can't even name off the top of my head. Anyway, the message off the top was simple: If you want to go out there and save the world for Christ, start with yourself.

It's a message that struck home pretty hard, especially with maintaining a blog like this one. It also came to mind when I came across this article. It was sent to me by an old Catholic friend mine, one who opened me up to the Catholic faith in a sincerely radical way. He was definitely a herald of things to come in my life.

My favourite part in this article is where the author quotes Benedict XVI.

"We should recall that no man is an island, entire of itself. Our lives are involved with one another, through innumerable interactions they are linked together. No one lives alone. No one sins alone. No one is saved alone. The lives of others continually spill over into mine: in what I think, say, do, and achieve. And conversely, my life spills over into that of others: for better and for worse."

CLICK HERE FOR MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment

RORATE CÆLI

Whispers in the Loggia

ZENIT - The World Seen From Rome

Vericast

News.va

EWTN News - World Catholic News

Catholic News Agency Daily News

Creative Minority Report

CatholicCulture.org - Catholic World News

AmericanCatholic.org

The Catholic Key Blog

The Integrated Catholic Life™

LifeNews.com

Credo Catholic

Crisis Magazine

Catholic Herald

Catholic Tech Talk

Catholic Web Services

The Deacon's Bench

Catholic Morality

The Roman Road

Call To Holiness

The Sacred Page

The Busy Catholic