“Take and eat; this is my body.” MT 26:26

“Take and eat; this is my body.” MT 26:26

Wednesday 22 April 2015

THE KIDS AREN'T ALRIGHT: FROM A KID'S PERSPECTIVE

Here's a story you won't see as a flashing headline in the mainstream media. It's about same-sex marriage... told from a child's perspective. It's written by a woman named Brandi Walton, who says she's the product of the "Lesbian Revolution in the 1980s." You have to read this to hear what she has to say about the emotional toll it took on her. Here's an excerpt:

As far as I was concerned, I already had one mother; I did not need another. My dream was that my mother would decide she wanted to be with men again, but obviously that dream did not come true. My grandfathers and uncles did the best they could when it came to spending time with me and doing all the daddy-daughter stuff, but it was not the same as having a full-time father, and I knew it. It always felt secondhand.

Growing up without the presence of a man in my home damaged me personally. All I wanted from the time I was a little girl was a normal family. When I graduated high school, my thoughts were not entirely where they needed to be. While my friends were excited about college, a piece of me was missing, and I knew I would never feel whole until I found it.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment

RORATE CÆLI

Whispers in the Loggia

ZENIT - The World Seen From Rome

Vericast

News.va

EWTN News - World Catholic News

Catholic News Agency Daily News

Creative Minority Report

CatholicCulture.org - Catholic World News

AmericanCatholic.org

The Catholic Key Blog

The Integrated Catholic Life™

LifeNews.com

Credo Catholic

Crisis Magazine

Catholic Herald

Catholic Tech Talk

Catholic Web Services

The Deacon's Bench

Catholic Morality

The Roman Road

Call To Holiness

The Sacred Page

The Busy Catholic